Millions of people worldwide wear glasses. This number is expected to rise in the coming years. Glasses are used for various vision needs, including vision correction, protection, and style.
At Ingram Comprehensive Eye Care, we offer glasses prescriptions and fittings. We first examine you to determine the best glasses for your needs, then do the fitting. We allow you to choose the frame of your preference. We can also help you choose one that suits you, depending on your facial shape, budget, and skin tone. We also do coating with scratch resistance, UV blocking, anti-fog, and anti-reflective coatings. We serve the residents of Forest Acres and Columbia, SC.
What Are Eyeglasses Used for?
Eyeglasses are used for several purposes. These include:
- Correcting vision problems. Some of the vision problems that can be addressed using eyeglasses include myopia(nearsightedness), hyperopia(farsightedness), presbyopia, and astigmatism
- Protecting the eyes from UV light since it causes various vision problems, such as increasing the risk of developing cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Protecting the eyes from work-related problems, especially for people who operate heavy machinery, lab technicians, and surgeons.
- Blocking blue light. These are particularly crucial for people who spend a lot of time in front of screens. Exposure to blue light is not good for the eyes as it causes conditions like blurry vision and dry eyes.
Do I Need a Prescription for Eyeglasses?
You can still get glasses without a prescription. However, you risk getting the wrong glasses when you do that. If you have a vision problem, it's advisable to get a prescription from an optometrist. We will help you get suitable glasses after eye exams to diagnose your condition.
Which Tests Are Required before Getting Eyeglasses?
The kind of test an optometrist conducts when prescribing glasses depends on your individual condition. The most common things they check include:
- Eye pressure
- Eye movement
- Visual acuity
- Retina and optic nerve
- Side vision
Taking Care of Eyeglasses
Taking care of your glasses helps them stay longer and protects you from infections. Some of the things you should do include:
- Storing them in a clean and dry place safe from damage
- Regularly cleaning the lenses using a non-lint cloth to get rid of oil build-up and dirt
Also, since your prescription may change over time, it is advisable to go for a checkup regularly to ensure that the glasses are suitable for you.
Visit Ingram Comprehensive Eye Care for Quality Eyeglasses
If you need a glasses prescription or fitting, visit us at Ingram Comprehensive Eye Care in Forest Acres and Columbia, SC. We will examine you comprehensively and ensure you get the lenses you need for your vision needs. We also have a variety of frames you choose from. Call us at (803) 782-7080 to schedule a consultation with our optometrist.